Friday 30 September 2011

Walk the walk...talk the talk...

So I finally did the last item of the fitness test, the one kilometer run/walk/crawl.

Holy moly was it bad. I decided that I needed to stop making excuses and find a way to do it. I am sick, really not well at all, but I thought one km isn't that far, right? Someone tell that to my lungs! I have a blocked nose and breathing is difficult. But I was driving out to visit my partner's grave today so I figured I had some time to myself without kids, without family, without interruptions. So I had better seize the opportunity!

Yes, that's right. I did my 1km in a cemetery. How's that for not allowing excuses to get in the way?

So before I drove out I pulled up google earth and measured a track that would be as close to 1000m as possible. I think it was actually 1040m but it was as close as I could do it while using markers in the grounds and not guessing. It was also up hill and down hill so I feel the two cancel each other out. I walked the entire way. I was ready to collapse after the first 250m. Great, I thought, I'm going to collapse in the cemetery no one visits!! Clearly I was being somewhat extreme and the reality of exercise was just too much for me haha!

So I did the circuit and fell into my car with my heart ready to burst out my mouth. I didn't bring enough tissues (running nose) and I didn't bring water. How naive can I be?

I completed the walk in nine minutes and four seconds. I'm happy with that considering I'm unfit anyway, I'm battling a virus and it's not the most relaxing place to exercise. Thankfully no one else was there and no one arrived until the very last minute when I probably just looked upset rather than exhausted.

I'll be doing the next circuits there too I think, have to keep it consistent.

So, all the fitness test tasks are ticked off, way to go me!

Now if I could just get my appetite back again so I can keep this body going.

S.

No comments:

Post a Comment