Thursday 22 September 2011

The fun starts on Monday!

I enrolled in the 12WBT yesterday. I didn't have a clue that it even existed! A good friend of mine mentioned she was considering joining so I jumped at the chance to be on the band wagon...or...chase the band wagon while Michelle Bridges yells at me to keep up the pace!

I'm excited and I'm nervous. My world is quite literally upside down at the moment. I lost my partner and father of my beautiful boy twenty six days ago. I'm grieving. I cry every day and I am desperate for something positive and healthy to focus my energy on. I need a way to spend my evenings and I need something to get up for. I know, I have my son, but I need more than that. Life seems so empty now.

I am worried that I will get to week four and fizzle out. I have done that so so many times in the past. I get a few kilos off my hips and then give myself 'just one treat'...and that turns into a week of binge eating and the kilos are back as if they'd never left. It's depressing being a yo-yo. I don't want to be a yo-yo!!

So. Here is my commitment. I, me, the overweight brunette behind the screen wearing size fourteen jeans will stick to the twelve week body transformation. I will FINISH. I will lose weight. I will reach a healthy BMI.

Please, keep me honest.

S.

2 comments:

  1. Just back read this. I am so so sorry for your loss xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) Just taking it one day at a time...and sometimes only an hour...or a minute...or a few seconds and not worrying about what is coming next is the key to rising above it. I'll be ok, just need some time

    ReplyDelete