Sunday 25 September 2011

Reality Check.......check.

So, I've done my preseason tasks.

I've thrown out the bad food.
I've bought shoes to go walking in.
I've stood in front of the camera. My camera is even still working.

I've weighed in. I've measured. I've checked that my measuring tape is actually accurate. It is. Bugger.

So the truth.

I weigh seventy nine kilos. It seems worse when you write it down with letters! The last time I weighed myself I was closer to 85 so 79 is actually pretty pleasing for me! The last time I weighed seventy anything was 2004-2005 when I was at Uni and went through a health and fitness phase. Clearly it didn't last.

My measurements. I hate measurements.
I immediately compare them to "standard sizing" at Target which is probably silly but it's where I buy the majority of my clothes and I want to be able to fit into them properly. If you want to check theirs you can look here.

So. The numbers.
Bust - 96cm
Waist (at belly button as requested by the 12wbt) - 89cm
Waist (narrowest part but not in line with my belly button) 79cm
Hips - 106cm....I feel like such a pear. I hold most of my weight in my hips and thighs. I hate it.
Thighs - 64/64. ugh.

BMI - 27.34 (I want this below 25 by the end of the 12wbt!!)

Now, I don't like the 12wbt measurement for waist because it isn't what everyone else calls the waist. But I understand our belly buttons aren't moving over the next twelve weeks and that's why we're using it as an anatomical marker. Shows how much of a belly I have going on though!

I am itching to get this started now. I can't wait to see the numbers fall!

Have you had a look at your 'my stats' page on the 12wbt? Very cool. I can't wait to see that BMI fall!

I have commited to eleven kilos to lose. I don't know if I will be able to get them all off during this first twelve weeks but the commitment is bigger than that. I want the healthy weight. I want the healthy lifestyle.

I think this has been the most sobering of the preseason tasks. It's so hard to be in denial when you can see the number on the scale and it doesn't matter how you shift your body it just won't go DOWN.  It would have been nice to hop on and hear the scales say 'I'm sorry, you don't need to weigh yourself, go and have some chocolate'....instead they let out a bit of a groan...like all that chocolate was putting a strain on the poor things. Who would have thought?
Fun starts tomorrow! Fitness test day!



2 comments:

  1. I hear you loud and clear. Facing the numbers made me cry because I had been pretending to myself I was doing ok. I am glad to have started this though. I can't weight to see that marker move down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just learnt I have comments and that I can respond! Sorry!! I'm glad we've started this too and will be SO glad when we finish! I can't wait for the 'after' shots!! Thanks for following me :)

    ReplyDelete